Being feminine does not mean we have to wear little girl dresses that look like doll clothes or dresses long to the ground with a high neck and long sleeves. We do not have to dress a certain way that meets “someone else’s standard” for how they think we should look.
We are individuals. We want to look stylish, cute, and we want wear what feels comfortable, as long as it is modest and parents approve.
Things to think about.
- Is it okay for our middle to show?
- How about underwear? Is it okay for the lines to show?
- How low is too low for tee-shirts?
- How low is too low for jeans?
- How short is appropriate for a skirt? (Remember it rises four more inches when sitting.)
- Can fun be had when we are modestly and fully clothed?
- Is it a mandate to conform to the worlds wardrobes?
- Does our outward dress demonstrate to the world what is on the inside? Character?
- Does our dress initially define what people think about us?
- Do we dress to complement our body?
- Do we dress to get attention?
- Who do we dress for?
Enjoy being who you are.